Wednesday 21 September 2011

DAY 1047 - NORTHAMPTON

 ''I believe that the very purpose of our life is to seek happiness. That is clear. Whether one believes in religion or not, whether one believes in this religion or that religion, we all are seeking something better in life. So, I think, the very motion of our life is towards happiness…" Dalia lama.

 
 
after a boring, dull and angry few days of despair; today I have received a good news and which has made immensely happy. I was about enter the shower are a gruelling 10 KM of cycle ride half of against the wind head on at a speed of about 25-30mph. Was tiring and the legs were aching.. needed a hot shower to ease the muscle at that very time I don't know why entered the bath room with the fone and an email arrived sound sounded in the mist of it all. Out of my normal inquisitiveness; reached for the phone and found an email from a dear friend for far away; a friend for the last 30 years.
 
the content of his email has made me say wow and what a relief it is. I did call him on Monday and it went in to no answer message after numerous rings and was worries since then looked at the time chart a few time but every i look it is either too early morning or it is too late at night.
 

the gentleman in question has just got his all clearance from his doctor and I can imagine how happy it has made him indeed. It is like wining the lottery when you have a the last hundred bucks. wow. what a pleasant news these has been; since then I was pondering with writing something on it.
 
life is a big lottery; life gives jack pot prize in fragment and that is life and that is what makes this life so precious and we live every moment of it so diversely. though I never believed in any thing worse for him; he is fit guy looks 20 years younger than his real age and likes showing off his biceps and triceps and his big handle bar moustache. One of the finest human being you can come across. A human being who has so much of good attributes in him that some times make me jealous of him. He is one of the few friends who can remember the names of all of our kids who he has never seen or spoken.
 
An excellent heart full simplicity and I was wonder why in that simple heart there could be clinical complications ; can't be and I am afraid guess wasn't wrong. He deserve to shine above the rest. His resolve and his accommodation of idiosyncrasies of friends and others is magnanimous. He has been one of the motivator who had been relentlessly trying to unite the un-united camaraderie(APPARENTLY ; but to me it is always been the best ) of our all class mates from our epitome Alma mater. His perseverance reminds me of Edmond Hillary and Sherpa ten zing's ascending to the peak of Everest in 1952 ( if i am not wrong).
 
Honestly, by far this has been one of the best news I have heard in the last few week and hope I could express my feeling as how it has uplifted my descending spirits for the last couple of weeks.
 
THE TUNE OF HIS EMAIL AND HIS SENSE OF RELIEVE IMMEDIATELY REMINDED ME OF THE SAYING OF MR DALAI LAMA
 
I humbled and honoured to have a friend like him.
 
 
IMRAN CHOWDHURY

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, I loved the text, I wish it should never be a delusion.

    ReplyDelete